What is Pre-Approval?
A lender or broker writes a letter on your behalf, stating that they’ve reviewed your finances and are willing to loan you a specific amount of money to buy a house, once you find one.
For most buyers, it’s a good idea to get pre-approved for a loan early in the home-shopping process.
- It will show you which homes you can actually afford, and prevent you from wasting time on ones you can’t.
- It will help you make an offer more quickly when you do find a home.
- You need to be pre-approved to make an offer on a bank-owned property (REO).
- You need one to work with many real estate brokerages. Redfin requires you to be pre-approved after your second home tour in most markets.
- Studies have shown that waiting to shop for a mortgage until after you’ve shopped for a home may lower your chances of making the best mortgage selection.
No. Pre-approval is a much more thorough process, and the end result — a letter of pre-approval — carries more weight. Pre-qualification is based only on a casual conversation with a broker or lender, who never verifies the information you provide. Pre-qualification can be a good place to start when you’re trying to get a ballpark figure of how much you can afford to borrow, and what types of mortgage you might qualify for.
But if you’re serious about buying a home, don’t stop at pre-qualification. Go through the more rigorous process of pre-approval.
If you’re not ready to start looking seriously for a home to buy, you should wait to get pre-approved. Most lender pre-approvals are good for only a limited window; between 30 and 90 days, depending on your lender.
Also, due to the lengthy process involved with closing on short sales and bank-owned properties, you should discuss the timing of your pre-approval with your real estate agent or lender if you’re interested in these types of property.
To work with an Elite and highly successful team of skilled experienced Brokers and Realtors.
WHO will respond to your request quickly.
Email us, or Call Toll-Free-866- 918-6111 Direct: 951-231-7377 TODAY!
No obligation We’re Here to Help YOU!